This article first appeared in the May/Jun 2011 issue of World Gaming magazine.
Mark your calendar! It’s the Sands’ seventh birthday and you get the rewards!
The Sands Macau complex will always own a chapter in the history of Macau having paved the way for the Macau we all know today.
Anyone who has ever caught the ferry here at night will know the glowing red lights of the Sands, the iconic landmark which screams ‘Macau’.
At this birthday party the biggest winner will be you.
The Sands team has put together a month of celebrations and promotions that will see you entertained, dined and taken care of in true Sands fashion.
From May 1 to 27 Sands Macau casino will hold a Viva Sands 7th Anniversary Lucky Draw. Every Friday, players will have a chance to win prizes by playing at one of Sands Macau’s slots. The Grand Draw will be held on May 27 at 7pm and seven lucky winners will share a cash prize of up to HK$340,000.
- Weekly draw: Friday 6, 13 and 20 May at 7pm
- Grand draw: Friday 27 May at 7pm
From May 2 to 31 there will be two incredible dining experiences that you shouldn’t miss:
- 888 Las Vegas Buffet: Sands 7th Anniversary Dinner Buffet featuring an Australian Kobe Cuisine Collection. Macau’s most famous buffet just got even better.
- Copa Steakhouse: World Gaming cuisine reviewer, the Panda, scored Copa a massive 16/20 and rated it the best steak in Macau. Copa will join the celebrations and offer four limited edition dishes to their customers. We won’t ruin the surprise – you’ll have to open this present yourself!
Playboy Club Sands Macau
If you haven’t checked out Playboy Club Macau yet then here is your invitation.
- From May 1 the first 700 customers who spend MOP$700 or above in the club will receive a limited edition Playboy t-shirt. Be the first to wear the hottest brand in town.
- Happy Hour: Every day between 6pm and 10pm, guests can buy one drink get one free. Kick the night off to a good start with the Playboy bunnies.
- Ladies Night: And you thought the Playboy club was just for the boys? Wrong! Every Thursday after 10pm, lady guests will receive a free standard pouring drink.
Sands have been pioneers when it comes to the hottest dancers and best shows. You can always mix with local and international celebrities at shows staged on the Sands gaming room stage.
During May, there will be a weekly celebrity show at Xanadu every Saturday from 10pm to 10:45pm:
- May 7: Jason Chan and Jaime Fong
- May 14: FaLa Chan
- May 21: Kenneth Ma and Sharon Chan
- May 28: Lily Ho and Raymond Cho