Gaming insights

Shafted at Melbourne’s Crown Casino!

Written by Ben Blaschke

Casinos can be dangerous places – particularly after you’ve had a few drinks!

A Melbourne man had to be rescued by emergency crews earlier this week after waking up inside a Crown Casino ventilation shaft with no recollection of how he got there!

The unidentified man is said to have fallen three meters into the shaft sometime during the night, coming to a few hours later in a daze and with no idea where he was.

He eventually directed crews to his location using Google Maps on his phone although it still took them another three hours to locate him! He was found behind a fire access panel shaft.

Rescuers said the man was extremely lucky his phone still had battery because he would never have been found otherwise. For his part, the embarrassed man claimed his drink must have been spiked the previous evening! For some reason we don’t quite believe him.