World Gaming’s very own Michael Mariakis will shoot for glory today when the final table of the Asian Poker Tour’s Season Finale gets underway at Resorts World Manila. While the rest of us slave away in the WGM office, our Chief Operating Officer has his eyes on a top prize of PHP3,185,000 – a touch over HK$554,000.
However, he has some work to do if he wants to add to the Spadie he won in the HK$11,000 Turbo Championship at last year’s ACOP in Macau. Michael currently sits sixth in the chip counts with 543,000 while three players have cracked the 1 million chip mark – led by Vietnam’s Huy Pham with 1,218,000.
Also still in contention is recent WPT National Philippines champion Tetsuya Tsuchikawa with 548,000. Good luck Michael, bring that trophy home!
- Huy Pham (Vietnam) – 1,218,000
- Eric Sia (Philippines) – 1,158,000
- Linh Tran (Canada) – 1,031,000
- Chow Mun Fei (Malaysia) – 613,000
- Tetsuya Tsuchikawa (Japan) – 548,000
- Michael Mariakis (Australia) – 543,000
- John Tech (Philippines) – 384,000
- Azusa Maeda (Japan) – 287,000