Chip leader heading into the final day’s play, Zhao enjoyed a dream run to his first major trophy, knocking out four of his seven rivals on his way to the US$126,500 first prize.
His victory also helped brush aside some of the disappointment of the earlier announcement that June’s APT China event has been postponed until later in the year.
The final placings were as follows:
- 1st – Feng Zhao: US$126,500
- 2nd – Inaki Santos: US$72,600
- 3rd – Jiajie Liang: US$49,400
- 4th – Hyeong Wook Choi: US$35,300
- 5th – Riyadh Mustapha Fawaz: US$28,800
- 6th – Huy Pham: US $23,200
- 7th – Michael Marvanek: US$18,700
- 8th – Mikal Blomlie: US$15,100